Wednesday, December 23, 2009

That God Speaks and My Wife

Today I again will be giving thanks for two gifts that God has given me. I am so gratful that He still speaks. The Bible says in John chapter 10, that His "sheep" or followers hear His voice. While some today think that God is silent and no longer works in our midst, I disagree. I firmly believe that He will speak to those who will listen. His voice is still calling out to those who seek Him and will give ear to what He is saying. It may not always be what we want to hear, but it is always what we need.
I am also thankful for my wife. I know that I have already wrote concerning my wife and kids, but today I want to focus just on my wife. She is so precious to me. She has my heart. I love her now more than I did 8 years ago. I truly believe that she is a gift from God to me. The Bible says that God brought Eve to Adam and I believe that He brought Shea to me. She is loving, talented, and supportive. There are times when I probably take her for granted and for that I am sorry. May the Lord allow me to be a better husband in this new year and to take care of this treasure He has given me. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment