Monday, December 21, 2009

Mercy and The Holy Spirit

Because of my busy schedule yesterday I did not get to post, so today I will give two reasons why I am thankful. The first is mercy. Mercy is defined by Webster's Dictionary as: That benevolence, mildness or tenderness of heart which disposes a person to overlook injuries, or to treat an offender better than he deserves; the disposition that tempers justice, and induces an injured person to forgive trespasses and injuries, and to forbear punishment, or inflict less than law or justice will warrant. I praise God for His mercy. The Bible is very clear that the punishment or consequences of sin is death. The sins I had committed in my life were my own. No one made me sin and no one was guilty for it but me. However, God who is rich in mercy, came to my rescue and sent His only begotten Son to die in my place. Jesus who knew no sin, took my sin and shame upon Himself and bore my punishment. Mercy! I am also thankful that He gave to me the Holy Spirit. Jesus promised us that He would not leave the church alone, but that the Father would send to us the Comforter who is the Holy Ghost. I am thankful for that moment when I was filled with the Holy Spirit. I praise God that when I don't know what to pray or how to pray, the Holy Spirit prays through me. I am thankful that His presence is an abiding presence and is always with me. I do not want to take advantage of His mercy or the Holy Spirit. May the Lord help me to be constantly aware of how precious these are to me and how much I need them on a daily basis. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment