Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Days of Praise

This is my 100th post. I pray that each one has been a blessing to you and I want to thank you for taking the time to read what the Lord has been saying to me along with some of my own personal thougts. Today I want to begin a series with you called "12 Days of Praise." We are right in the midst of the Christmas season. One of the most popular songs of the season is "12 Days of Christmas." The songs intent is to remember what their loved one had given them over the 12 days leading to Christmas. As I was gathering my thoughts this morning, I thought it would be wonderful if we together took the next 12 days to remember what the Lord has done for each of us and to take the time to praise Him for it. So here on this first day of countdown I want to thank Him for a personal relationship with Him. I don't have to serve Him through someone else, I get to serve Him for my self. The very fact that He died on the cross for me personally, so that I could come into relationship with Him blows my mind, and that is what I am thankful for today. What about you? Go ahead and begin to praise Him for His gifts to you. God bless.

P.S. If you like to read, I would suggest getting "Your Own Jesus" by Mark Hall. Mark is the lead singer for Casing Crowns. In the book he talks about coming to the realization that Jesus wants it to be personal. Its a great reminder to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment