Friday, December 18, 2009

Thankful For My Heritage

On my way to the office this morning I began to think about what I am thankful for today and what came to me was my heritage. I am so blessed to have been given such a rich upbringing and heritage. I am a fourth generation member of the Church of God. That simply means that for four generations my family has been Spirit-filled believers. I come from a line of prayer warriors and intercessors. My family has done much in God's Kingdom. From serving as clerks, sunday school superintendents, deacons, elders, teachers, evangelists, and even pastors. My grandparents worked to start one of our churches here in Rock Hill. On my mothers side, her family was part of the start of the Hickory Grove Chuch of God and a big part of the early days of the York church. I remember my great-grandparents and their strict holiness convictions and the impact they have had on me. I have been blessed to see God do some great things and move in mighty ways. This is what I am thankful for today. However, I want to make sure that my children are just as thankful. I want to pass this rich heritage on to them. I want them to know personally, God's strength and power. I want them to succeed in God's purpose for their lives. While I am thankful for the past, I must press forward for the future. May God allow our heritage to continue forward and expand at His will. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment