Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Know Abraham

In Genesis chapter 18 verse 19, God says, "For I know Abraham." Wow, what a powerful verse. God is reminding us that He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart. No body knows us like the Lord. The Bible says that He knows our thoughts while they are far off. He knows what we are going to think about and what we are going to say. That is why it is so important to stay in prayer and in the Word. That way our thoughts and words remain holy. The Bible says that if we walk in the Spirit we will not do the things of the flesh. If I do spiritual things I keep myself from messing up. In Psalms chapter 19, the psalmist prays that his thoughts and words would be pleasing to God. That is my prayer today. I don't want anything to make me unclean before Him. In verse 19, the Bible says that God knew Abraham and that he would lead his house in the right way and that he would keep Gods commands. What is it that God knows about you today? Will we lead our families in righteousness? Will we do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly before our God? Remember, God knows you today and everyday. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment