Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Gift of Grace

I am now seven days in on my 12 days of praise. Christmas day is getting closer and the only thing that I can truely say that I want is a closer walk with God through Christ. On my seventh day, I praise Him for grace. The grace of God is a wonderful gift that He has bestowed upon us. It is His favor and kindness to us. The Bible says that we are "saved by grace through faith." We are not saved by the works that we do. We could never be good enough because we are sinful in nature. We had to have a Saviour. Someone who was perfect and without sin that could take our sins from us. That is the essence of the Christmas story. Jesus told Nicodemus that He had not come to condemn or judge the world, but to save it. His mission was one of grace. The Bible says that when we are weak, His grace is sufficient. That means that when I am weak in an area of my life and I fall short, there is grace to cover. It does not give me a liscense to sin, but lets me know that if I fall short somewhere, I have an advocate with the Father. I have needed His Grace more times than I can count. I often feel so unworthy of His love for me. I am so thankful that grace has been supplied. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment