Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Good morning. I pray that your day has started in a blessed way. This morning will be my last blog for a few days. My next will be on Sunday morning. The reason for my absence is that I am going a men's retreat with our church. This is going to be a great weekend. I believe that God is speaking to me for our men and our church. We are traveling to Murphy, NC to see the beginning place of the Church of God. This is going to be a special time. The theme for this weekend is "Momunent Moments." Without going into much detail and giving anything away, I believe that there are moments is our lives that are meant to change the course and direction of our lives. These are "monument moments."
In 1886 in Murphy, NC, eight individuals hungry for God formed the Christian Union. Out of these eight hungry souls came what is now known as the Church of God. I am fourth generation and proud of my upbringing in this church. I have been speaking to you about being great, and that is what this weekend is about for our men. Eight individuals in a mountain community in 1886 changed the course of so many. What can God do with you? Meditate on that for a few days and I will be back on Sunday. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment