Tuesday, October 20, 2009

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

I am posting this blog from the dealership while getting my oil changed. I have come to realize that no matter how much I try, my scedule will never go as planned and that I have to make the best of every possible moment. I want to revisit something that the Holy Spirit put in me for the men's retreat this past weekend. In Genesis chapter 12, we are told of Abram and how God called upon him to leave his fathers house and country and move to a land where he would be a stranger. The promise to Abram was that if he obeyed, God would cause him to become great and to give birth to a great nation. This is a powerful concept. Abram had already reached the age of 75 and God was calling him to virtually start living life over again. Many of us would have pretended we did not hear God or would have ignored Him. Abram did not and God came through on His promise. The reason that many of us are not seeing the great things of God manifested in our lives is because we have limited God. We have put limitations on Him and restricted His access in our day to day lives. We continue to play "plastic church" and serve a "plastice Jesus." Jesus is not plastic and neither is His church. We must walk in faith and believe in God for great things. Get out of the way today and let God be God. God bless

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Pastor Ayers for all you do! You are a great friend and an inspirational leader.

    ReplyDelete