Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Normal

What does it mean to be normal? Everyone is looking to have a "normal" life. To have a normal family, a normal routine, a normal job. The question is how do I know when I am normal? What if God does not intend for me to have what others consider to be normal? I have learned that what the world may believe is normal does not look anything like what I am called to be in Christ. For example, the world will consider drinks with a friend at a bar or club to be normal, but in Christ those things are abnormal. They do not agree with the lifestyle I am called to live. For me to spend time in prayer or in worship is normal, but for the world it is abnormal. They think that I am wierd. You see, we as Christians do not fit in with this world. We have been transformed through the forgiveness of God through Christ Jesus. We are called to live spiritual lives. We are called to leave behind the things of this world. Don't seek the normal life of this world, for it is abnormal to you as a believer. Live the life God has created you for. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment