Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Evidence of Faith

How does the world know that you and I have faith in Christ? Are there noticable differences between us and those who do not profess Christ? You see, real faith produces fruit. The fruit is the evidence that a seed has been planted. The seed is the Word. Here is how it works: 1) a sower (Christ) plants a seed. 2) the ground (you) recieves the seed. 3) with good soil and good water supply, the seed begins to grow. 4) as the seed grows into a plant and the plant or tree matures it will begin to bear fruit.
This is how faith works. You recieve the Word into your heart and as it grows it will produce faith and the faith will produce the works. If you are truely in Christ, then there should be evidence. The evidence will be in the words that you use, in how you treat others, and in how you live out your life. So, I will ask again, "How does the world know that we are disciples of Christ?" If I use foul language when the Bible teaches us not to do so, how does that show my faith? If I engage in activities that are worldly, how does that show my faith? It is time to REALLY be disciples of Christ. This means that I am to come out of the worlds way of doing things and let Christ be LORD of my life. Its not my life to live anymore. I have surrendered it to Him. I am crucified with Christ and the life that I live, I live through faith in Him. Isn't that what Paul says to us. We are to be virtually dead. How would Jesus like to live through you today? Have you asked Him? Take a moment this morning and surrender this day to Him and let Him have control. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment