Sunday, October 4, 2009

Excited to Serve

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. It is also the busiest day of the week for me. I preach twice on Sundays and spend most of my day at the church between services. Some would say that is not how they would describe their favorite day. I believe it has to do with how you look at it. For me it is not a burden but a delight. You see, I am serving my King! What else could be more fun and exciting? What else could bring more satisfaction? Too many church goers are missing the point of church attendance. Too many that work in the church are missing the joy of serving. You are not to do it for man, but God. You have been given the opportunity to work for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. David says in Psalms 84:10, "I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of God, than to dwell in the tents of the wicked." You see, its not what you do, rather that you do it with joy and love. It doesn't matter if you are a teacher or a greeter, an usher or janitor, as long as you have joy in serving your King. So don't let Sunday become a joyless part of the week. Take Sunday back and worship God with it. Let it become the best day of the week. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment