Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fighting for America

There is no question that our nation is at a crossroads. We are at an intersection of differing ideas and philosophies. There are things being presented to us that totally go against the teachings of Christ and the life we are commanded to live. One of my "guilty pleasures" is listening to talk radio. I am a very patriotic person. The years leading to and the time of the American Revolution, is my favorite period to study. I love history. I cried on September 11, 2009 when our nation was struck by terrisom. I too came close to signing up and going to battle for this nation that I love. My calling however is on another battlefield. Today, while our soldiers are in other lands fighting to keep our freedom and the freedom of others, we here at home are fight another war. A war to keep our nation intact. A war to defend our constitution. A war to uphold what our forefathers had invisioned us to become. If we do not fight now, what will our children have to endure in the future? What will our grandchildren have left? We must fight. However, our fighting is not with guns and bullets. Our fighting is not done with protests and sit-ins. We fight with prayer. We as Christian are told that our battle is not with flesh and blood, but with spiritual forces of evil. I believe that we are engaged with spiritual warfare. I believe, as the Apostle John said, "the spirit of Antichrist is already at work." Don't misunderstand what I am saying. I am not calling anyone the Antichrist. I am simply saying that the battle we are fighting is against that spirit. The only way to fight is through prayer. We must pray for our leaders. We must pray for our judges. We must pray for our churches and pastors. We ther church must pray!!! The Bible tells us that if we will humble ourselves, repent, and turn from our sins and pray, that God will hear our prayers and heal our land. Church, lets arm ourselves and pray. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment