Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Compartmentalized Faith

As we discussed yesterday, faith is have evidence. There should be something noticably different about someone with faith in Christ. I want to talk this morning about the danger of putting your faith in just a certain area of your life.
In a house there are different rooms. These rooms each serve a different purpose. The kitchen is for the preparing of meals. The living room is for the gathering of family and friends for relaxation and fellowship. The bedroom is for resting and sleep. We compartmentalize these rooms for these purposes. The problem is, we are doing this with our faith as well. In our lives, we are putting our hobbies in a certain place, our friends in a certain place, our spouse and kids, and so forth. Faith, however, is meant to spill over into every place of our life. The only way my family will benefit from my faith is if I allow faith into that place in my heart. The only way my friends, work, etc., will benefit is to allow my faith to impact those areas. Faith is not something to store away for a rainy day. It is meant to take over your whole life. Let faith out today and walk in it. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment