Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wasted Grace

In 1 Corinthians 15, the Apostle Paul is reminding the church that it was the gospel of Christ that he had presented to them and that in believing in Christ they were saved. He gives an account of those who had seen the resurrected Lord as a defense to the message. In that defense he adds that he also had seen Christ, but as one born out of season. He then remarks, "God's grace has made me what I am."(NCV) No doubt the same is to be said for each of us. Had it not been for the grace of God none of us would have this wonderful opportunity to serve Him. In Ephesians chapter two we are told that "we are saved by grace through faith." It's God's grace that has allowed me to come into relationship and to be His son. Praise God for His grace!
Paul doesn't stop there, he adds, "His grace to me was not wasted." I wonder if we have ever wasted God's grace in our lives. You see, Paul was speaking of his ministry to the Lord and the church. He knew what God wanted him to do with his life and for what reason God had saved him. He gave everything to follow God and fulfill God's call. By doing that, he was able to say that God's grace was not wasted. God has wonderfully and mercifuly saved us from our sins. But He did not save us so we could then just waste our lives and wait for heaven. How is your relationship with the Father today? Have you spent time in His presence? Have you spent time in prayer today to see what He might have planned for you and to prepare to do what He has planned? The question I most want to ask is, Are you living the life He died for you to live? These are some powerful questions that only you can answer. I pray today that I have not wasted His grace, but if I have may He forgive me and help me never to do it again. Search your hearts today and look at the direction you are headed in. Are you wasting grace today? God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment