Saturday, January 2, 2010

Start of a New Year

So, how did you spend the first day of not only a new year, but a new decade? My family and I made the rounds yesterday eating the traditional new years day meals. We spent the day just relaxing and enjoying each other. God has richly blessed us and I want to enjoy this year what God has given me. I am not one for making resolutions at the beginning of each year. They never seem to work for any of us. I realize that the only way I am going to change is by the grace of God. However, this year there are some things that I pray the Lord will help me improve in. I want to be more attentive to my family and spend more time with my kids. They are getting older and I can't wait to see Nathan play ball this year. I don't want to be all business and no pleasure. I believe that we are to take the ministry of the Lord seriously, but not so much that we die before our time. Too many ministry leaders are stressed out and killing themselves trying to succeed. That is not what God has called us to do. I encourage you leaders to focus on your strengths this year and allow the Lord to place others around you that can help where you are weak. You are not meant to do it all on your own. This ministy is the Lords and all its successes will be because of Him and not me. I am looking forward to some great times ahead and I pray the Lord's blessings upon you and yours. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment