Monday, January 25, 2010

Out of Joint

Have you ever had a bone get out of joint? I have. I have always loved playing basketball, and one of the most common injuries probably a jammed finger or getting something knocked out of place. Whenever you suffer from one of these injuries the pain can effect the whole body. I remember the first time I jammed my finger, I thought that I had broke it. The pain was horrible and it started swelling immediately. I thought about that this morning and how that when we get out of God's will for our lives it has the same result. Whenever we are outside of God's plan for us it causes us "pain" in all areas of our lives. We get totally uncomfortable and easily frustrated at everything. In so many words we become miserable. Perhaps that is what is wrong with some of us. We have been unhappy for a while and can't seem to figure it out. We have been frustrated and can't explain it. We are not happy in our relationship with God and don't know what to do about it. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 13 that we are to examine ourselves and see where we are in the faith. We should examine our lives and give ourselves a spiritual "physical" to see what exactly is out of place. Get back in place today and watch the joy of the Lord fill your life. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment