Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Leaders in Training

Yesterday I posted on what I call the "leadership issue." I know that I may have sounded frustrated, but really I'm not. I realize that at the core, we all want the same thing, and that is to be used by God. Some have been called and some have been called to follow. Today, I want to speak to those who are leaders in training. I feel like I most identify with this level. Because of my position as senior pastor, I am a leader. However, I know that I have not arrived yet and that there is much to be learned. When I read in Genesis the story of Joseph, several things come to mind that I want to share today. First, don't get ahead of yourself and tell everybody what you feel the Lord is going to do in your life. When Joseph acted like this it brought resentment upon him from his own family. The Bible tells us that when Mary heard different things about Jesus from the angels and the shepherds, that she kept them to herself. We don't always have to talk when the Lord does. Second, expect some of those close to you to turn their back. Joseph was betrayed by his own brothers. They did not understand the fathers favor on him and they were jealous. Sometimes when others in the church see God's favor on you it will cause them to become jealous and act out. Third, suffering comes before success. Before Joseph could fully step into his destiny he suffered. More lies were told on Joseph and he ended up in a prison cell. Yet no matter what happened to him and no matter how low life got, he kept his faith in God and what God had told him. Because of this, God's favor was with him in the well, as a slave, and in the prison. Suffering helps to build our faith and trust in the Lord and His promises. To all of you who are in this training mode, walk it out in faith and let the Lord be your Teacher. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment