Saturday, January 16, 2010

Praying for Haiti

Yesterday, the Holy Spirit truely convicted my heart. I have been aware of the circumstances in Haiti this week, and I have prayed for them. However, because the events did not directly affect me, I did not pray as I should have. I have been caught up this week in my own world. As I posted yesterday, one of my members became very ill this week and I spent alot of time with them and the family. This is not an excuse, just the reality. We often focus on the things that deal with us directly and not on the true need of others. Yesterday, I got hold of some photos that were from the ground there in the heart of the devastation and it rocked me. I had to repent for my failure to do what I as a believer am responsible to do. Many lives are in chaos right now. Families are still desperatly searching for loved ones in hope that they are okay. There are reports of crime as people are panicing about survival. They need the church to rise up in this hour. I am thankful for all of those who have gone to help and for all who have given to the relief efforts, but we at home here have a great responsibilty to pray. Not all of us can get on a plane and travel there to help. Not all of us can give large sums of money, but all of us who are born again, can pray and stand in the gap for them. Many there need the love of God to become real to them in this hour. Let us pray that the Gospel can go forth and reach the hearts of the masses. Let us pray that the relief will get there. Let us pray for the healing of a nation. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment