Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Very Good

I started reading through the book of Genesis again this morning for part of my personal reading. Genesis is the book of beginnings. It gives us insight to the story of man beginning with creation. As I read through chapter 1, I noticed how that everytime God created something the Bibles says that He "saw it and it was good." God looked at the land, the water, the sky, the stars, the sun and moon, and everything He saw pleased Him. It had turned out the way that He planned it. Then the Bible says that on the sixth day, He created man. Not only did He create man, but the Bible says that He created man in His image and likeness. When He was finished with man, the Bible says in verse 31, "And God saw every thing that He had made, and behold, it was very good." I want you to understand that God created man that day with a purpose. He created man in His likeness and with a destiny. When God looked at Adam that day He wasn't just pleased with what He saw; He was very pleased. I wonder, is God pleased with what He see's today? When God looks at our lives and how we are living them, is He very pleased? I don't want to do anything that will cause God to be sad with me. I definitly don't want to grieve Him or fail Him. My prayer today is that our lives will be pleasing to Him. I want Him to take delight again in what He see's in us. So my encouragement to you today is, be very good. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment