Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Season is Changing - Enjoy Today

Enjoy today and the blessings that come with it. I was able to spend a few hours outside this morning and truely enjoyed this beautiful day that God has given us. When I was a child, summer was my favorite season. As I have gotten older, fall has taken the place of being my favorite. The color of the leaves, the cool breezes, and just the feeling that fall gives me. I love to see God's creation going through all of its changes. As I sit at my computer today, I call to rememberance what Solomon says in Ecc. "Everything has a season." That is so true. Not only does this planet go through seasonal changes, but we do as well. Today, DJ and Jennifer McClain are experiencing one of those "seasonal" changes. Last September they stood before God and their family and entered into a covenant of marriage. Today, a little over a year later, they will discover what they will be having come March. As new parents, their lives about to change for ever. They are entering a new season. Though things are going to change, they will also be the best days of their lives. My children have blessed Shea and I so much. Even when they do not listen and continue to get into things that they need to stay out of (as Seth is doing right now). They are a true blessing. So, DJ and Jennifer, enjoy today. Take it all in, because a new season is coming. To all of you others who follow; go pick up your child or give them a big hug, becuase they are growing faster than you want them to and you will never get to have this day again. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment