Thursday, February 4, 2010

Small Things Cause Big Problems

Someone responded to my blog yesterday with the concern that we as Christians get too worked up over small things that don't really seem to matter. First let me say that I have learned that what may not seem important to me may be important to someone else and that we as believers are taught to think of others before ourselves. If I am not careful I can get so wrapped up in what I want or how I think that it should be, that I don't take in to consideration everyone else. Remember that Jesus came not thinking of Himself, but us. Second, I am amazed how we overlook the small things that God is doing every day in our lives while we wait on the "big" stuff to happen. While at the same time we get caught up and all worked up with the little stuff the devil uses to distract us. We are so far away at times from where we should be with the Lord, that we are easily distracted by "things" that have no eternal value. Churches all across America are have battles over the carpet color, styles of music, and what a preacher should wear in the pulpit, but what I don't see is the church weeping in the altars over the lost. Is it possible that we have allowed the devil to get us off track just a little. I have seen people declare their love for the church and profess how that they are right where God wants them and then allow something as small as not getting a phone call when they are out cause them to leave that same church. I am convinced that far too many are souled out to the idea of serving God instead of actually being souled out to God. A heart that is totally God's doesn't care whether there is carpet or sawdust. A heart that is totally God's doesn't care if the preacher is wearing a robe, a suit, or jeans, as long as the Word is coming from the Lord and feeding their soul. A heart that is totally God's doesn't think about themselves, but breaks for the lost and hurting. Let us quit following church and start following Christ!!! I actually saw a video the other day of a preacher telling someone to get the *** out of his church just because he did not have the same views of him on politics!!! This mentality in the church must come to an end. It is time for us to repent of our self-righteousness and ask the Lord to make our hearts His again. It is when we the church humble ourselves and repent and pray, that God will hear our cries and move on our land. Have a blessed day and keep the comments coming in. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment