Monday, February 1, 2010

Excited About the Bible

When was the last time that you heard someone say that they were excited about reading their Bible? When was the last time that YOU were excited about spending time in God's Word? I must admit that I too, from time to time, get bogged down and it becomes like a chore instead of a passion. However, this is not the way God intends it to be. The Bible is so full of life and adventure. It is new everytime you pick it up. I am currently reading through Genesis again and it is blowing me away. I have had the Lord show me things that I had never seen before. It is simply amazing. We as believers MUST get excited about the Bible again. It is the Bread that sustains us and gives us hope. It feeds our faith and without faith we can not please God. I don't understand how someone can call themselves a Christian and never read their Bible or pray. It would be like being in a marriage and never being intimate with your spouse. I know that may make some of you uncomfortable, but it is the truth. If we are not in God's Word then we will be disconnected from Him. We will not know His voice, and we will miss His plans for us. This spiritual disconnect will one day lead to a spiritual divorce in which we find ourselves seperated from His presence. I know that we are not saved by works, we are saved by His grace. However, the Bible also says that faith without works is dead. Jesus said that the world would know us as His disciples by how we kept His word. If you and I are not in the Word, how then can we keep it and prove ourselves to be His disciples? Pray today that the Holy Spirit will give you a hunger for the Word and an excitement to go along with it. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment