Saturday, February 6, 2010

Distracted by Ourselves

I recieved a response to one of my post the other day concerning things that are taking place in the church that are seem to be discouraging. Note, this is not about a particular church, but the church body at large. The concern was that too many parents and adults are so concerned about themselves that we are overlooking the spiritual needs of our children. It seems that kids are allowed to act up in church and be disrespectful during service and no one cares. We have in many ways become distracted by ourselves. Our children are paying a great price at our expense and I am concerned how we might be judged for how we have not paid them the attention that they need. When I was a kid I was not allowed to talk in church or to do anything that would distract or take away from the service. I was "encouraged" to listen you may say. We also had people in the church who had a burden for the church and spent their Sunday's teaching us on our level about the Lord. As a result to their efforts to teach us and show us Christ, I was baptized with the Holy Ghost at the age of 11 and called to preach. I thank God for those who put their needs last and focused on us kids. I pray that we as adults will not let this generation go to hell at our expense. I pray that we will understand our place and do the work of the Lord. If we do not train them now they will leave and never know the presence and power of the Lord. There was a generation of adults in Israel that thought only of themselves and overlooked the spiritual needs of thier children the results were a faithless generation after them. We must point our children to Jesus and teach them His ways. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment