Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Don't make it complicated

I was reminded this morning by my son how simple faith is supposed to be. Nathan sat up on my lap this morning to tell me he loved me and then proceeded to sing the end of "Jesus loves me." You know, the part that says,"because the Bible tells me so." I remembered right then how easy and simple it is supposed to be. Sometimes we grown-ups want to make everything hard and complex. If we are not careful it can roll over into our walk with God. When that happens we become frustrated in our faith and our relationship with God suffers. Let's keep it simple. The Bible says to come with child-like faith. A child will believe what you tell them simply because you are their parent and they trust you. That is how it is supposed to be with God. He is our Father and we are to trust Him in all He says and does. God loves you!!! Believe it because the Bible tells you so. God bless and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment