Saturday, March 13, 2010

Feeling Nostalgic

I don't know exactly why, but here lately I have been looking back with great joy on the years gone by. I grew up in what would be considered a classical Pentecostal church. For those of you who don't understand what that means, let me help you. We sung out ouf the "old redback". Songs like "Victory in Jesus", "He Set Me Free", "Heaven's Jubilee", and "On the Battlefield." The ladies had hair that stood tall to heaven and the men were respectful and reverant. The worship was free and yet in order. They knew the presence of the Lord when it manifested and they were not afraid to celebrate Him. I miss those days. It seems that these days church is all about the entertainment. Sunday's have become nothing more than our day to show up and show off. While some go overboard, others don't even act like they want to be at church. Oh Lord send the Power just now!!! We need a move of God in a bad way. We need Him to show us the way back to Him. I don't believe that we need to go back to a certain way of dress or a certain style of music, but I do believe we need to go back to holiness. I believe that we need to get real with God and give our lives away to Him again. Oh how I long for a powerful move of the Holy Ghost in our church. I long for sinners to be convicted and saints to be reminded. Oh Lord send the Power just now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment