Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh God, Thou Art My God - Pt. 2

In my last post, I looked at the first part of the statement above. How that David is crying out to God as Elohim, the plural God. Meaning that David was relying upon Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Today, I want to look at the last part of the statement where David calls Him his God. First I want to ask you, is He your God? Have you made Him Lord of your life and ruler of your heart? If so, how does your life prove that? You see, David is not writing this when things are going well in his life, but he is writing while out in the wilderness running for his life. He is letting God know that his trust is still in Him. Second, the term used for God here is different from the one used in the first part. Here David calls Him "El." El in the Hebrew means "God of my strength." David is calling out to God as his strenght and hope. He desperatley needed God and knew that the only way he would survive what he was going through was by the strenght of God. Paul would write many years later to the church in Corinth and say that, "I am what I am by the grace of God." David and Paul both knew one thing, if it is not God who is keeping me, then no one is. Only God's strenght is able to keep us in this life and lead us to the next. Maybe you find yourself in a place where you need the strenght of God today. Don't give up. Cry out as David did and put your trust in Him. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment